We stock what we consider are some of the best tone-arm accessories available – from Oyaide, ISOkinetik and Jelco. If you have a particular requirement not listed on our website, please get in touch. The humble tone-arm plays such an important part in turntable performance, it pays to invest in the best you can afford. System matching is essential as the synergy between arm, cartridge and stylus has to be exactly right for your turntable to sound at its best.
- Raised profile for use with Houdini
- Houdini not included
- Buy headshell and Houdini save £20
NOW IN STOCK
Heresy, or, is this actually the next step in Analog?Funk introduces Houdini. Derived from AK1, Arthur's statement arm, Houdini is a decoupler with high dynamic stability. A decoupler? Three years of analysis and modelling showed that "best practise" of firmly bolting cartridge-to-arm is completely wrong. With arm and cartridge "as-one", each time you change the arm, the sound changes. Thus, all arms influence the cartridge. We can't ever win...and certainly to date we haven't. (That being the case, then using 3 bolts is even worse) If only we could remove the arm's effects and support the cartridge correctly, that would leave only the sound of the cartridge. How? Enter Houdini. In its tiny volume just 6mm deep is a patented suspension system plus a "torsion-tether". The result? Unparalleled isolation. With Houdini "The problem you never knew you had" disappears. Houdini has actually freed the genie. Download Instructions and setup guide Hi-Fi+ Review Click Here to read Testimonials
- Body : Aluminum Alloy.
- Net weight : 20 grams.
- Attached lead wire : 6N copper.
- Adjustment of overhang: 2 positons movable with 10 mm adjustable.
- Adjustment of balance to left and right: Adjustable.
- Lock pin: 2 pieces.
- Shell terminal: Brilliant Rhodium plating. (10 times costly to gold.)
- Lead wire terminal: Brilliant Rhodium plating. (10 times costly to gold.)
- Connector: Made of Titanium Alloy by cutting from a solid piece.
- UK designed and built
- One piece arm tube
- Based on the RB300