First – the block itself: The slim-line hard wearing (non-flammable) plastic body contains 6 UK sockets, with strong gold plated sprung copper socket clips to hold your plugs secure, to make a good oxygen free contact between your plugs and the sockets; and offers a lifetime of perfect connections, Gold plating on the sprung clips ensures that.
The block has passed all the relevant BS standards, including the 30.000 times in/out test, to ensure the sockets are more than up to a lifetime of use. The internal mains power is fed to each socket through 5mm x 1mm ‘super-sized’ copper conductors, to minimise line impedance and ensure ‘instant’ power capability when required.
The RF/EMI Noise Filtration Network design within the block uses carefully selected components to minimise all possible unwanted alteration of the clean mains power it provides; and it also offers 48,000 Amp. of surge suppression to protect your Hi Fi and/or AV equipment from potentially harmful mains ‘spikes’. The EMI (ElectroMagnetic Interference – on the power line) and RFI (Radio Frequency Interference – mostly airborne) suppression improves audio and visual performance in todays ‘noisy’ homes, full of both mains power and airborne ‘noise’ that degrades both audio and A/V sound and vision.
Second – the integral cable: No power distribution block is going to offer an instant power requirement if it’s not fitted from your mains wall socket with an appropriately sized high-quality cable. Furthermore, the cable will pick up airborne RFI if it is not shielded.
The integral 1.5Mtr. cable is double shielded against RFI interference, so the socket filtration unit is only dealing with the RFI picked up in the mains wires within your home, supplying the power. Inside this double shielding, 2.5mm sq. Live, Neutral and Earth wires made from super pure 6N-OFC (that is 99.9999% pure copper ensuring a virtual oxygen free wire guaranteeing excellent conductivity) offering ultra-low resistance to electrical current, ensuring power supply to the distribution block is not compromised.
Third – the UK plug: MS HD Power are ‘plug people’! Their ranges of audiophile plugs are used by many world-class cable manufacturers’ and audiophile DIY’ers around the world. It’s not surprising therefore that they have fitted a UK 13A plug to the cable using the same high-quality materials used in their standalone plug products. The Live and Neutral pins are gold plated offering life-time performance, the fuse clamps are Silver plated (1.0 µm thickness) with ‘925’ pure Silver, the fuse has silver plated ends.
Conclusion: For £199.95p retail price, the NEW MS-2160P 6 ways distribution block with RFI/EMI suppression, integral high quality 1.5Mtr. mains cable and plug, with gold plated connectors throughout looks like a real bargain. The cable and plug alone could cost more than this complete distribution block, cable and mains plug assembly. In use, it offers real benefits over lesser distribution blocks and cables, with improved sound quality and A/V experience.
- Number of outlets: 6. All L.N.E. connecting clips gold plated.
- Conforms to BS1363, including 30,000 in/out test.
- Mains lead: Conforms to VDE standards, double shielded, 6N OFC wires throughout.
- UK plug, BS1363; fused, with Gold Plated L&N Pins
- Fuse: 13A BS-1362 Silver Fuse fitted at plug
- 22K Gold plating to all high spring rate phosphor bronze power clips and L/N plug pins
- Mains Voltage: 200 – 240 VAC / 50~60Hz
- Excellent EMI and RFI suppression to improve audio and visual performance
- 48,000 Amp. Surge Suppression to protect Hi Fi / AV appliances
- 5 mm² Copper Power Transmission Bus Bars for high current flow
- Max. Current: 13 Amp.
- Max. Wattage: 3,000 Watt (230V)
- Dimensions: 60mm x 402mm x 30mm (W x L x H)
- Net Weight: 0.8 KG (net)
- Deep Cryogenically Treated
- Copper Mains Plug
- Fireproof ABS body/housing
- No. 1 UK mains plug gold plated
- Cryogenically treated
- Supplied with Furutech gold plated spade plugs
- The spades fit the plug clamps perfectly
- Solder or crimp your chosen cable
- Free metal polishing cloth