DAC AK4499 & Accusilicon Clocks
New flagship from AKM, the AK4499 DAC chip allows precise, fast and clean conversion of high-resolution audio files. The D90 thus integrates on its digital-to-analog conversion stage an AK4499 chip with Thesycon drivers allowing transparent and rich sound reproduction and supporting PCM files up to 32bit 768kHz and DSD up to DSD512 (via USB and I2S).
The DAC is combined with a pair of AccuSilicon 451584MHz and 49.1520MHz high-end femtosecond clocks and a CPLD. These allow a perfect synchronization of the data signals for an absolutely impressive jitter attenuation.
Connectivity & Features
With its many features and connections, the D90 can be integrated into a vast majority of audio systems, offering many options for use and installation.
For its input connectivity, there are AES, USB-B (XMOS), Coaxial, Toslink Optics, and I2S LVDS via HDMI. Note that this last input has several selectable modes to adapt to your other I2S LVDS devices. On the output side, the D90 offers unbalanced RCA Stereo and balanced XLR. The D90’s intelligent design allows only one or both outputs to be activated at a time.
With its integrated volume control, the D90 also acts as a preamplifier since it includes a volume controller. This volume control function can however be disabled so that the D90 can only be used as a DAC with output levels constantly at their maximums, i.e. 4Vrms for XLR output and 2Vrms for RCA output.
USB XMOS XU208 Interface & SPDIF AK4118 Receiver
For its digital interfaces, Topping once again chooses very high quality and performance by integrating into its D90 an XMOS XU208 USB chip supporting high sampling rates up to 32bit 768kHz and up to native DSD512.
For SPDIF streams, an AKM AK4118 AKM chip processes the signal with extremely low jitter. This last chip is used for the Optical, Coaxial and AES inputs and allows sampling rates up to 24bit 192kHz PCM to be achieved on the latter.
Topping D90 measurements by Audio Science Review
|USB Interface||XMOS XU208|
|Bluetooth||5.0 / Apt-X HD / LDAC|
|Inputs||1x I2S LVDS (HDMI)
1x USB-B (XMOS)
1x Optical Toslink
1x Coaxial SPDIF
|Outputs||1x Balanced XLR
1x Single-ended RCA
|Supported sampling rates||USB : PCM up to 32bit 768kHz / Native DSD up to DSD512 / DSD DoP up to DSD256
I2S : PCM up to 32bit 768kHz / DSD up to DSD512
Coaxial, Optical, AES : PCM up to 24bit 192kHz
|Output voltage||RCA : 2Vrms @ 0dBFS
XLR : 4Vrms @ 0dBFS
|Dynamic range (A-Weighting)||128dB|
|Power supply||AC 110V/220V 50/60Hz (switchable) via IEC (cable included)|
|Inclued||USB-B to USB-A cable / Power cable / Remote control|
- 5 independent transformers feeding 5 fully discrete linear voltage regulators for the cleanest power to each modular section of the unit. •Custom 10 mm acrylic case selected for superior acoustic properties. •NEW: additional internal EMI/RFI materials to lower electromagnetic interference noise floor. •NEW: redesigned mains power conditioning to reduce ingress and egress of mains-borne noise. •Sixteen Philips TDA1543/N2 resistor-ladder chips. •Filterless NOS design for unparalleled time-domain replay accuracy. •NEW: custom four-layer PCB to support DAC chips. •Passive output stage with Duelund Coherent Audio capacitors and selected US-made audio resistors all made to CAD specifications. •NEW: internal signal wiring upgraded to custom UP-OCC copper. •The 1543 MKII DAC is made in a modular fashion to make future upgrades possible ensuring your investment will last a lifetime.
AMR's new brand iFI
In Stock Now For Immediate Delivery
- Input Sampling Rate up to 24bit/192 kHz
- Non Oversampling mode
- 8x Multibit Philips DACs network
- 2x Dual Triodes tubes I/V analog output stage
- 6 Separate Regulated Power Supplies
- Analog retro Nissei VU meters
- 6mm Aluminum face panel
- Five Years Guarantee
- Award winning design
- Fully regulated
- Instant sonic improvement
- Powers Brooklyn DAC and DAC+ and Bridge
- Up-Graded Model
- New price while stocks last is £4830 brand new boxed stock
- NO OTHER OFFERS APPLY OR CAN BE USED.
- Pure 100% DSD based D to A Converter
- Upsamples PCM and DSD to 10x DSD rate
- DXD support
- Purely passive transformer coupled output
- Simple, direct signal path with one master clock
- Hand written filters, processors and upsamplers
- Immune to incoming jitter problems from different sources
- No off-the-shelf IC DAC chips used
- Fully balanced from input to output
- Color touch screen