Floating Magnetic Field Effects
The Furutech Earth/Ground Jumper System
How far will Furutech’s engineers go in their attempts to reach Pure Transmission reference quality? Their concentrated examination of each and every element of signal transfer has resulted in another breakthrough technology, the Furutech Earth/Ground Jumper System. It eliminates EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) induced in metal parts like connector housing screws.
Current flowing through the power connector creates a magnetic field, just as an insulated conductor creates both electromagnetic and electrostatic fields. Furutech engineers found this magnetic field induces current flow (and a small magnetic field) in the screws holding the connector together! These magnetic fields interfere with the larger magnetic field around the conductor and connector.
Furutech’s total attention to detail and elegant engineering neatly solves the problem. The Earth/Ground Jumper System connects the securing screws to a ground terminal within the plug completely eliminating the field disturbances they cause. The stray fields are grounded by a series of interlocking parts within the connector that attach to the ground conductor.
The Earth/Ground Jumper System Carries US Patent No. 6,669,491/European Patent No. EP1445837
• α (Alpha) Pure-Copper Rhodium-plated main Conductor
• Earth (Ground) Jumper System (US Patent No.: 6,669,491/ European Patent No. EP1445837)
• Nylon/fiberglass body with a special anti-resonance nano-sized crystalline, piezo ceramic particles and carbon damping material
• Multilayered nonmagnetic stainless steel and silver plated carbon fiber housing incorporating an acetal copolymer. The best of damping and insulation materials improve frequency extension and tonal balance
• Specified for cable diameters from 6mm to 20mm
• Dimensions: Body length 55.4mm x 39.5mm diameter / 93.2mm overall length
• Metal cable clamp improves grip and reduces mechanically and electrically induced distortion