Furutech Nano Crystal² Formula
Furutech’s LAN-8 NCF features a connector shell incorporating the company’s own Nano Crystal² Formula (NCF). NCF uses a special crystalline material that Furutech claims has two ‘active’ properties.
First, they say, it generates negative ions that eliminate static. Second, it converts thermal energy into far-infrared. Furutech combines this material with nano sized ceramic particles and carbon powder for their additional ‘piezoelectric effect’ damping properties.
The brand claim that the resulting Nano Crystal² Formula is the “ultimate electrical and mechanical damping material”.
Category 8 Cable
Furutech says that the LAN-8 NCF also features improved specifications for crosstalk and system noise when compared with a Category 7 cable. This is achieved through a combination of a ‘twisted pair’ design with an increased number of twists per unit length, plus additional shielding for each individual wire pair and for the cable as a whole.
- 24 AWG silver-plated OCC conductor for minimal transmission loss.
- RJ45 (8P8C) connector features non-magnetic 24k gold-plated conductor.
- 24k gold-plated copper alloy body with minimal magnetic properties preventing signal degradation.
- NCF shell.
- Triple layered shielding with aluminium foil and copper braiding.
- Optimum damping and insulation materials throughout.
- Robust but flexible jacket and sleeve.
- Cryogenic Treatment.
All metal parts are treated with Furutech’s trademark two-stage ‘Alpha’ cryogenic and demagnetization process, designed to render the metal stress-free, stable and highly electrically conductive.