Introducing the all-new STEALTH closed-back headphones, by Dan Clark Audio.
Four years in the making, Stealth sets a new standard in headphone performance and ergonomics. Featuring an all-new 4th generation planar magnetic driver and breakthrough Acoustic Metamaterial Tuning System (AWTS), Stealth delivers a stunningly smooth presentation to bring new life and enjoyment to all your favourite music.
The new design did not stop at improving the sound; DCA also redesigned the headband to deliver a big step up in ergonomics and comfort.
All headphones are subject to high-frequency standing waves which can make treble sound harsh, fatiguing, or synthetic. The Acoustic Metamaterial Tuning System (AMTS) is a new way to handle this phenomenon. AMTS is a patent-pending inline device placed between the transducer and ear. It integrates waveguides, diffusion control, quarter-wave, and Helmholtz resonators into one compact structure.
Diffusion reduces some standing wave formation while resonators act as both precision and broad filters to smooth and shape the frequency response, smoothing the sound from the midrange through the highest frequencies. AMTS renders high frequencies with a refreshingly smooth, accurate, and detailed delivery across all genres.
Stealth’s all-new 4th generation planar-magnetic driver delivers the smoothest, richest, and most detailed experience DCA have created to-date. It is 20% larger than the E2 driver and uses the patented v-Planar technology to reduce THD and improve low frequency extension.Plus, all diaphragms are manufactured using an all-new system for a more uniform, consistent tension, lower distortion, and better matching.
Stealth’s planar driver delivers incredibly low distortion throughout the listening range with levels of detail heretofore found primarily in the top-of-the-line electrostatics. Unlike many headphones where detail is created through exaggerated high-frequency energy, the Stealth AMTS method delivers resolution free from fatiguing emphasis on the top register – an amazing balance of delicacy, nuance, and slam that will have you reaching for all your favourite recordings, and perhaps staying up a bit too late.
Then there is the soundstage – Stealth is all-enveloping and can compete with even the finest open-back headphones in depth, width, and imaging. An effortless sense of space and instrument placement that lets Stealth disappear so you can simply relax into your musical experience. Everything, the headphones, the equipment, and yes, your daily stresses, just fall away.
Throw in the all-new vegan suede and faux-leather ear pads, self-adjusting suspension, and Stealth is so comfy you can just ignore it and vanish into your music.
Finally, for storage or travel DCA incorporated an elegant folding gimbal system into Stealth, folding it into a compact case that is small and easy to stow.
- Patent-pending Acoustic Metamaterial Tuning System (AMTS) – delivers unprecedented high-frequency detail and clarity for the ultimate in smoothness, tone, and detail retrieval.
- All-new 4th generation v-Planar driver with the largest diaphragm to date – delivering exceptional dynamics with vanishingly low distortion for a natural and easy listen.
- Improved driver tensioning system – delivers incredible consistency across units.
- All-new auto-adjusting suspended strap gives Stealth a perfect fit, every time.
- Pre-formed ergonomic strap – spreads weight evenly across the head for incredibly comfortable extended listening.
- Strap quilting – improves comfort and reduces heat buildup.
- Composite synthetic suede & protein-leather pads – offer a sung fit, minimal clamp, with a pleasant touch on the skin.
- Carbon / aluminium bonded cup design – yields maximum stiffness with minimum weight.
- Folding gimbals – Stealth can be packed into a compact case (supplied) for safe and easy transport.
- Designed and hand-built in San Diego, California – backed by quality and support you can count on.
- Driver: 72 mm x 5 0mm Single-Ended Planar Magnetic
- Driver Matching: 0.25 db weighted 20-10,000 Hz
- THD: Less than 0.03% 20-20 KHz / 1 KHz @ 94 dB
- Headband: Nickel/Titanium
- Baffle: Carbon Fibre
- Ear Pads: Synthetic Suede & Leather
- Stealth Headphone
- Carrying Case
- VIVO cable
- Certificate of authenticity