This latest pre-lamp product reproduces more powerful and solid sound thanks to the use of separate sources for different amplifying stages. The audio signal processing is thus complete and very effective. Noise index reaches its lowest level, resulting in a quiet and pure background and enhanced sound details.
Grand Pre has the ability to best express diverse colors of music and to improve sound quality from medium systems to large and high-end systems. This PreAmp can coordinate with any high-end light tubes and semiconductors on the market.
Like ThivanLabs’ Amplifiers and Light DAC products, Grand PreAmp uses the Output Transformer (OPT) that isolates amplifier stages to provide sweet soothing sound. Well-controlled sound offers impressive performances of not only lyrical, vocal, jazz, blue music… but also powerful ones of highly dynamic and detailed music such as symphonies, instruments, trio quartet … The Grand PreAmp is an indispensable member of one’s audio system, both to improve sound quality and to conveniently adjust volume since it is connected to an amplifier that will reproduce high quality sound like that of electronic light.
The Grand Preamp comes with a remote control with full functions, including: adjusting the volume up to 1000 steps, channel selection and on / off buttons.
Highlights of The GRAND Preamplifier:
OUTPUT: ThivanLabs’ products are characterized by a light output in combination with a transformer in a Single Ended circuit to produce rich and smooth sound.
– Two bulbs 12AU7 are used for amplification and 2 bulbs 6SN7 for sound output
– Two single end OPT output transformers are used for soft, thick and soothing sound.
– A Full Balance XLR output is added
SOURCES: Thoroughly invested in design and manufacturing with passive components such as Choke and Capacitors of high quality to provide clean and powerful energy for the amplifier circuit.
– Two 20 Henry chokes for the high pressure section
– Four high-quality film capacitors
– Low interference source transformer
– A separate source is used for each amplifying stage keeps the noise index at its lowest level, creates a stable and pure background and enhanced sound details.
CONTROL: A remote control with full function: Volume control, Input and output selection, on / off button.
VOLUME: Controlled by the remote up to 1000 steps, 0.1dB/step and many other options for flexible volume control. High quality Dale resistors and NEC relays are used for clean and detailed sound.
– Minimalized circuit design with high quality components.
– Bulb 6SN7 is placed in the output to improve sound details and thickness, effectively supporting stage performance.
– Sound is well controlled and balanced between frequency bands; it is therefore easy to coordinate with different systems from light amplifier to advanced semiconductor amplifier.
|Inputs||2 x RCA ; 1 x XLR ; 1 x MM/MC RIAA Phono|
|Outputs||2 x RCA ; 1 x XLR|
|Vacuum tube complement||2 x 12AU7 ; 2 x 6SN7 Single Ended with Special Output Transformer|
|Frequency response||6Hz – 30kHz (+/-3dB)|
|HUM Noise||< 0.2 mV|
|Voltage Max Output||> 40 Vp-p|
|Input Impedance||100 kOhms|
|Power Requirements||220V (possible to set 100 / 110 / 117 / 240V / 50-60Hz by different markets)|
(W x D x H)
|45 x 38 x 14 (cm)|
|Weight (kg)||16 kg|