Custom Built Motherboard for Audio
Customized and dedicated motherboard for audio usage. Low noise for high quality music playback, shortest data path make the smoother and more pure data transmission possible. It consumes less power and introduces less noise on power rails to ensure more stable USB and network signals. The independent USB AUDIO dedicated circuit makes USB AUDIO processing isolated and gets less interference. As a result, data transmission is more stable, and jitter during data transmission is reduced.
Ultra Low CPU Power Consumption
The intel mobile series CPU consumes ultra low power consumption (as low as 6W) to reduce electrical noise from CPU and make the signal inside Rhein Z1 to be more stable and prevent from affecting audio device nearby.
Over Designed Power board
Customized and over-designed power board, which is capable of 160W output while Rhein Z1 only requires 40W, provides sufficient power to the motherboard and SSD and ensures stable data transmission.
High Quality Chassis made of Aerospace Industrial Grade Aluminum Alloy with CNC Processing
Compact and ingenious industrial design make Rhein Z1 an artwork. Fan-less design makes no mechanical noise. Rhein Z1 appearance obtained Chinese patent certification.
Patented Structure Design
The groove structure design has the feature of reducing signal interference, standardizing the line direction and placement. The design has obtained Chinese patent certification.
High Permeability EMI Absorber
Furthermore, to eliminate high frequency electrical noise from digital circuits, Rhein Z1 uses specially chosen EMI absorber at the inner side of bottom case to absorb EMI noise from internal digital circuit including DRAM, CPU, …, and so on.
Silent Angel Select High Quality Cable and Wires
To get more stable signal and get less electrical noise emission during signal and power transmission, Rhein Z1 used carefully chosen high quality cable and wires in power button signal, power LED signal, SATA power and SATA signal.
ED and Power Button Signal
Teflon coated silver plated wires is suitable for the connection of electrical equipment and instrument lines under high temperature conditions and high voltage up to 600V. It features high temperature resistance, aging resistance, acid and alkali resistance, moisture resistance, water resistance, oil resistance, corrosion resistance, flame retardant and other properties.
SATA Power Wires
Ordinary copper wire at upper side: The copper wire crystal is irregularly crystallized, and the conductivity is poor. As a result, it generates more electrical noise while power loading varies during system is accessing SSD. Rhein Z1 uses OFC copper wire as SATA power wires: The copper wire crystal is evenly distributed by the high temperature hot casting mode continuous casting method, and the current conduction is good and introduce less electrical noise while power loading varies during system is accessing SSD.
Server Grade SATA Cable
The server grade SATA cable is optimized to ensure the stability of the signal transmission by having the irregular distribution of the SATA cable in the foam layer is easy to generate a telecommunications irregular magnetic field, which affects the signal transmission quality. Also it uses durable SATA connectors at both end to ensure the best quality of connectivity.
Built-in Exclusive Audio SSD
The special designed exclusive audio SSD features fast access speed, low power consumption, good anti-noise, and stronger anti-interference. It effectively ensures the stability of the output signal, better output data stability, introduces totally different listening enjoyment and experience for you, and brings more fidelity to music.
Efficient VitOS Operating System
The Rhein Z1 features a VitOS operating system designed for music servers that focuses on streaming services. VitOS improves machine efficiency, performance stability and network latency issues.
VitOS: An operating system specially built for music server.
1. Dual Firmware: Prevent from being damaged while firmware upgrade.
2. Network accelator: Accelerated network processing
3. USB Audio Optimizer: Optimized USB Audio processing
4. Task Manager: High efficiency task management
5. Application Manager: Able to expand more and more application.
6. System Manager: Event-trigger design gets lowest system loading.
Mobile app for VitOS: VitOS Manager Features
1. Discover Rhein Z1 and adjust the network settings of Rhein Z1
2. Install and manage Roon Server in Rhein Z1.
3. Control the music importer, which imports music from the USB hard drive to the data disk in Rhein Z1 and view the music import details and result.
4. Update the firmware of Rhein Z1.
1. Specially designed operating system: VitOS
2. 250 GB Silent Angel Customized SSD for System Disk, 1 TB Silent Angel Customized SSD for Data Disk (optional).
3. Up to 2 simultaneous zones for multi-room streaming applications.
4.High quality and thick aluminum alloy chassis.
5. Ultra low power consumption SSD and isolated power circuit design inside the SSD to ensure low electrical noise emission from SSD.
6. Low power consumption CPU to reduce the electrical noise emission from CPU.
7. Customized Silent Angel Noise Absorber (SANA) inside.
8. High quality SATA cable for more stable SSD data transmission.
9. OFC (Oxygen-Free Copper) SATA power cable for better power feeding to SSD.
10.USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports for external storage expansion.
11.USB Audio port for USB DAC connection.
12.HDMI 2.0 port for AV receiver connection.
– Color: black, silver; (requires other colors can be customized)
– Data Disk: standard 250G SSD data disk, can be purchased with a 1TB SSD data disk
– Power Inlet: 12V DC @ 3A max. (Spec. 5.5mm x 2.5mm, tip carries +12V)
– Interface: USB Audio X 1; USB 3.0 X 1; USB 2.0 x 2; Gigabit Network X1, HDMI X 1 (service interface); power connector X 1
– Size: 200x200x65 (mm)
– Weight: 6 KG ( Gross Weight )
Please noted that DAC supports DSD with “DSD Native” is required for you to play DSD music up to DSD256 smoothly.
If your DAC supports DSD with “DoP” (DSD over PCM) mode, then the Rhein Z1 only support – DSD music up to DSD64 (which means DSD128 or DSD256 is not supported in DoP mode).
FREE MCRU NO. 75 MAINS LEAD WORTH £115
NO OTHER OFFERS APPLY
- New generation processor provides DSD512 and 384kHz playback
- Dual ES9028PRO SABRE DACS
- USB digital audio output
- Precision 32-bit internal digital volume
- Discreet clock system for precision timing
- Low-noise switching power supply with dual stage regulator
- PCM & DSD upsampling
- MQA full decoding
- Roon Ready, Spotify Connect, MQA, TIDAL, Qobuz, Airplay and TuneIn
Why LUMIN U1After years of requests from existing high-end DAC owners, the LUMIN team have taken the finest components from the flagship S1 model and developed them specifically for digital processing and output.
NEW CONCEPT FOR EXTREME PERFORMANCEMelco N10 is a two box solution designed to improve sound quality by separating power supply and the head unit. Compact half-size head unit has selected 3TB 2.5” SFF HDD with all signal processing and connectivity, while the separate linear power supply is totally isolated from the head unit. The elegant solid aluminium casework has the familiar Melco OLED display and simple 4 button interface for delightfully simple operation and setup.
Melco N1Z EX is the flagship. True audiophile source components designed for both Ethernet connected Players (Streamers) and for connection to a USB connected DAC.
- To use the Nucleus you will need a ROON license which can be purchased through MCRU, please get in touch.
- The Nucleus white paper can be accessed here.
- There is now a comprehensive review and discussion on Roon on the Darko website.
- Purchase the Nucleus and the linear power supply and get a free MCRU No. 75 power lead